Record 'Pumped-Up' Sales in June for Isuzu UTE
06 July 2017
- D-MAX (4x2 + 4x4) 2,388 units – 5th nationally (LCV Segment) and 10% market share
- D-MAX (4x2) 645 units – 2nd nationally (LCV Segment)
- MU-X (4x2 + 4x4) 1,178 units – 4th nationally (SUV Large <$70k>
- Combined D-MAX and MU-X sales up 50.8% YoY
Thanks to the recent introduction of its new-look, ‘pumped-up’ D-MAX and MU-X, Isuzu UTE Australia (IUA) has just recorded its highest ever monthly sales result. The new drive train developed exclusively for the Australian market (3L turbo-diesel, 430Nm with six-speed transmissions), and cosmetic and comfort refinements to both products helped deliver the Brisbane-based distributor 3,566 new vehicle registrations in June – surpassing the previous best result of 2,675 sales recorded in June 2015.
June’s stellar performance allowed IUA to regain ground lost at the start of the year during the new model transition phase, and revived its progress towards achieving double-digit growth in 2017.
Both its 1-tonne D-MAX ute and 7-seat MU-X SUV achieved individual monthly record sales results, with 2,388 and 1,178 units respectively.
The end of financial year also provided IUA with its best opening six months on record, with accumulated vehicle sales YTD reaching 12,104 up 5.6 per cent on June 2016 YTD figures. A strong June performance also elevated IUA above Audi to 14th position on the YTD sales charts.
June’s national VFACTS reporting placed the D-MAX fifth in the LCV segment (4x2 and 4x4 combined) and 10 per cent market share, bolstered by a second placing to Toyota’s HiLux in the 4x2 LCV segment. For the first time, D-MAX has now recorded 10 per cent market share for two months running.
Isuzu UTE’s MU-X also set new records in June, convincingly outselling its ute-derivative competitors in the Large-SUV segment such as the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Toyota Fortuner, Ford Everest and Holden Trailblazer – resulting in a monthly market share high of 8.8 per cent (new record) and fourth placing in the segment for the first time.
Isuzu UTE Australia June sales highlights:
- June TOTAL sales – 3,566 (new record), previous record 2,675 (June’15)
- D-MAX – 2,388 (new record), previous record 1,904 (June’15)
- MU-X – 1,178 (new record), previous record 771 (June’15)
- June’17 YTD D-MAX – 8,345, up +4.8% v June’16 PYTD (7,962)
- June’17 YTD MU-X – 3,759, up +7.5% v June’16 PYTD (3,495)
- Based on D-MAX June’16 Result (1,652), D-MAX June’17 result is up +44.5%
- Based on MU-X June’16 Result (712), MU-X June’17 result is up +65.4%
- Based on TOTAL June’16 Result (2,364), TOTAL June’17 result is up +50.8%
- TOTAL YTD SALES – 12,103, up +5.6% v June ’16 PYTD (11,457)