Isuzu UTE Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 80 129 563 739 ("IUA/we/us/our") respects and upholds your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in Australian privacy legislation. Whether you are a customer or other persons we want you to have confidence in the way we use and handle your personal information.
To ensure clarity, our authorised dealers or other entities appointed to sell and/or service Isuzu UTE vehicles in Australia ("Dealers") are independent of IUA and may have privacy policies that are different from ours. Dealers are responsible for their own privacy policies. Please contact your local Dealer directly for further information on their privacy policies.
This policy describes the types of personal information we collect and how we manage personal information we have about you.
1. WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
Personal information is any information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Generally, the types of personal information that may be collected by us will depend on the circumstances of both the person in which we collect the information and the reason for the collection.
Some examples of the personal information we may collect are name, address, telephone number(s), email address, banking details, date of birth, household income, household numbers, gender, vehicle purchase date, vehicle details, name of your Dealer, any additional products or services you acquire from us or our Dealer, any warranty claims made in connection with those products or services, your opinion or your experience in relation to our products and services and any additional information you provide to us that is reasonably necessary for us to perform our services or provide our products to you.
There may be times in which IUA collects sensitive information (personal information that may have serious ramifications for the individual concerned if used inappropriately). The kinds of sensitive information that IUA might collect include your race or ethnic origin, health information, professional memberships and criminal records. IUA will require consent from you before we collect, use or disclose sensitive information.
If you do not provide your personal information we may not be able to provide certain products or services (e.g. warranty services, roadside assistance and capped price servicing).
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If personal information is collected by IUA it will be, where possible, gained from you directly when you interact with our company whether it be by written form, website, mobile application, email, telephone or in person.
Our website may request personal information when there are customer enquiries or comments or where competition entry is made.
While we endeavour to collect the information directly from you, we may collect your personal information from third parties including market research organisations, our related entities, Dealers, contractors, agents or marketing entities.
However IUA collects the information, whether directly or by indirect methods, please be assured that we will always comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, this policy and any privacy statements we publish for a specific purpose from time to time.
We will only collect the personal information that is reasonably necessary for the specific purpose, function or activity for which we are collecting the information.
3. HOW WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION
IUA will generally hold hardcopy personal information securely at our premises. IUA also holds personal information electronically on secure online servers and on our website.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference, loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We secure the personal information we hold in numerous ways, including:
- security of our premises;
- using security cards to access areas that contain personal information;
- using secure servers to store personal information;
- using unique usernames, passwords, security software and other protections on systems that hold your personal information;
- only allowing access to authorised staff who need to use the personal information to perform their job;
- securing access to paper records holding personal information;
- holding certain sensitive documents securely;
- taking commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that other parties handle your information in line with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information as soon as it is no longer required by us (as permitted by law).
If you provide your personal information to us by email, we will take reasonable steps to protect the information provided. However, email is not a secure method of communication and we cannot guarantee the privacy, security and integrity of your information during transmission of the email. If you have any concerns about sending your personal information by email, you may prefer to contact us via post or phone (contact details are provided in section 12 of this policy).
4. USE OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect and store is generally used to set up and administer the supply of products and services or information you request from us or we provide to you.
We may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- fulfilling our ongoing obligations (including warranty, roadside assistance and capped price servicing) to you, as the owner/driver, of a vehicle we have imported and distributed;
- responding to any inquiries, comments or complaints that you submit to us;
- managing and facilitating a competition you have entered or survey you have completed;
- customer service improvement;
- product recalls or if we wish to offer upgrades or modifications to products or services that you have acquired;
- reasonable business functions (for example, database, store and process information to carry out our business operations and to better understand your needs);
- statistical purposes;
- marketing or promotional campaigns;
- to advise you of new products, services or promotions;
- market research and product development;
- considering job applicants for current and future employment;
- managing our relationships with our Dealers, suppliers and other stakeholders;
- where we are required to meet our regulatory or legal obligations; orany purposes for which it was collected and any directly related purposes.
For any of the above, we may contact you by electronic or other means.
If we propose to use your personal information for another purpose than listed above, unless permitted by law, we will obtain your consent prior to using your personal information for the particular purpose.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- suppliers, advisors, consultants, agents and contractors we ordinarily engage for the above purposes or for any other function on our behalf;
- our related entities;
- one or more of our Dealers;
- any entity to which we are required under law to disclose such information; or
- other third parties and for purposes that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you on the condition that they use it for the same purposes as set out above and only in connection with any of our business activities.
If we do disclose your personal information, except where the disclosure is required by law, we will take commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the other party handles your information in line with the Australian Privacy Principles. We typically enter into agreements with the above organisations to ensure that information we disclose is used only for the limited purposes for which we have provided it to them.
5. DIRECT MARKETING
From time to time, we may use personal information to inform our customers, prospective customers and other persons with whom we interact about our products and services, or about special offers, promotions and events that we think may be of interest to you.
We may provide this information using any contact number or address provided, including without limitation by post, phone, email and SMS. We will generally give you the opportunity to express a wish not to receive direct marketing communications.
Usually, the marketing material we send you will contain a way for you to 'opt out' of further marketing mail outs, but if not, you may remove your details from our mailing list by notifying IUA Customer Relations as set out in section 12 of this policy. If you do not opt out in either of these ways you will be taken to have consented to receiving such communications from us.
6. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION OVERSEAS
We may disclose your information to organisations located overseas in order to fulfil our business functions and activities, but only in the manner permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles. These include, but not limited to:
- IUA Related Bodies Corporate (including our parent company Mitsubishi Corporation in Japan), Isuzu Motors Limited in Japan and their other related companies in Japan and Thailand; and
- our service providers that are located or hold data overseas, including in the USA, Canada and Ireland.
We will not adopt as our own identifier for you any number or other unique identifier that has been assigned to you by a government agency.
8. PRIVACY AND OUR WEBSITE - CLICKSTREAM DATA AND COOKIES
Each time you visit our website our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your ISP Client IP address.
We may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how our website is used and navigated, including the number of sessions, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve our website performance.
A cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your computer or device when you visit our website.
A cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our website and to store form data for future use. With most internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
9. MANAGEMENT OF CREDIT INFORMATION
We generally only collect credit information from you if we are providing you with credit. We may collect and hold the following kinds of credit information:
- your identification information;
- information about any credit that has been provided to you;
- your repayment history;
- information about your overdue payments;
- if terms and conditions of your credit arrangements are varied;
- if any court proceedings are initiated against you in relation to your credit activities;
- information about any bankruptcy or debt agreements involving you;
- any publicly available information about your credit worthiness; and
- any information about you where you may have fraudulently or otherwise committed a serious credit infringement.
In some circumstances, we may collect credit information and personal information from credit reporting bodies (e.g. Veda) if required in order to provide our services to you. The kinds of information we collect may include any of those kinds of information outlined above and in section 1 of this policy.
We may also collect personal information that may affect your credit worthiness from other credit providers (e.g. banks) that collect that information from credit reporting bodies. The kinds of personal information we collect may include any of those kinds of personal information outlined in section 1 of this policy.
In most cases, we will only collect credit information about you if you disclose it to us and it is relevant in providing you with the service requested or providing you with credit. Other sources we may collect credit information from include:
- government bodies;
- credit reporting bodies;
- banks and other credit providers;
- other individuals and entities via referrals; or
- your suppliers and creditors.
We store and hold credit information in the same manner as outlined in section 3 of this policy.
Our usual purpose for collecting, holding, using and disclosing credit information about you is to enable us to provide you with our services. We may also collect the credit information to process payments and to assess eligibility for credit.
We will not disclose your credit information to entities without an Australian link unless you expressly request us to.
You can access and correct your credit information, or complain about a breach of your privacy in the same manner as set out in section 10 and 12 of this policy.
10. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by contacting IUA Customer Relations (contact details listed in section 12 of this policy). We ask that you put your request in writing. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access can be provided. Depending on the extent of information you require, we may require you to pay a reasonable fee in order to access your personal information held by us.
Privacy laws give you certain rights to access the personal information we hold about you, however, there are some circumstances where those laws do not require us to provide such information. If we deny you access in certain circumstances to your personal information we will usually tell you why.
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it, and we will update our records accordingly.
12. FURTHER INFORMATION
Please contact IUA Customer Relations on the address below if you have any queries, you would like your personal information corrected or you have complaints about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information.
Isuzu UTE Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 500, Cannon Hill, QLD, 4170 Australia
1000 Wynnum Rd, Cannon Hill, QLD, 4170 Australia
Phone: 1300 147 898
Fax: (07) 3151 5877
Website contact form: https://www.isuzuute.com.au/about/contact-us
Please allow us reasonable time to respond to your request or complaint. We will endeavour to investigate and respond to you in writing within 30 days.
If you still have queries or are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose contact details can be found at www.oaic.gov.au.